Are you struggling to keep it Together when managing projects?
Do you find yourself building your Project as you go, rather than beginning with the end in mind? Are you struggling to keep track of who is doing what? Maia’s newest e-book focuses on practical tools for Project Managers.
Best selling author, CEO and educator Maia Heyck-Merlin has decades of experience in helping educators create personalized systems to stay on track, get organized, and stay happy.
Why Should You Buy this Book Today?
Maia has dedicated her live to improving the lives of educators. She presents to sold-out audiences who leave with practical tools and systems to be more effective as Project Managers.
Her insights and strategies have bene adapted to the unique situation of leading projects in an educational setting.
What You Will Learn
- Ask yourself useful Project Pre-Work Questions
- Draft a Project Statement to align with your Participants
- Write a Project Summary to finalize the project
- Get clear about the actual project work that needs to be done
- Figure out who is best positioned to take on which tasks
- Determine how to communicate about the project work with your Participants
- Determine which Project Planning tool is most effective for you
- Decide which Project Columns are necessary for your project
- Create Project Buckets to begin chronological project thinking
- Break down Project Buckets into Project Tasks
- Differentiate your project communication for various Project Stakeholders
- Determine your method for launching your project into the world
- Conduct a Weekly Project Review to keep tasks and the Project Team on track
- Create and protect time to do your own Project Work
- Design and implement Project Meetings and various forms of communication
- Gather ongoing data to help inform outcomes
- Facilitate a Project Debrief to consider successes and challenges
- Codify learnings for the future
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE
The Together Templates!
We welcome you to select whatever tools will best support your Project Togetherness: paper-based systems, digital spreadsheets, or our Together Templates. Our Together Templates are customizable to design your own Project Planning materials based on your unique needs.
Together Templates Book owners will get access to our modifiable Together Project Manager templates so you can immediately put your learnings from the book into action.
Featured Samples Explore the samples featured in the book to gain insights into how the templates can be used.
For Book Owners
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Maia Heyck-Merlin has twenty years of experience juggling high-volume roles in results-oriented organizations. For the past decade, she has dedicated her life to supporting teachers, school leaders, central offices, and nonprofits to prioritize, plan ahead, and execute efficiently — while maintaining flexibility, empathy, and humor. Her previous two books, The Together Teacher and The Together Leader have helped hundreds of educators in school systems such as Northside Independent School District in San Antonio, the KIPP Schools network, Jackson Public Schools, Building Excellent Schools, Salem Public Schools, and dozens more. Prior to the pandemic, she traveled almost every week to teach Togetherness.
Prior to founding The Together Group, she served as Chief Talent Officer and Chief Operating Officer for Achievement First. Previously, she worked at Teach For America in a variety of capacities, including Executive Director and Institute Director. Maia began as a corps member in South Louisiana where she taught fourth grade for and was named Teacher of the Year at Delmont Elementary and selected as a Fulbright Memorial Fund recipient, and then was a founding fifth grade teacher at Children’s Charter School.
Maia holds a B.A. in Child Development from Tufts University, and she is proud graduate of a rural Maine public school system. Maia currently resides in the Washington, DC, area with her two elementary school age children, two unruly cats, and a lot of house plants. In her spare time, she finds joy in leading the local Girl Scout Troop, being a lazy triathlete, and vegan-ish cooking with as few pots and pans as possible.
MORE FROM THE TOGETHER GROUP
Take a Together Course
Join us for other virtual courses for teachers, school leaders, operations staff, and nonprofit teams! Maia has transferred her joyous nature and effective engagement strategies to online courses that feel refreshing, productive, and fun!
About the Publisher: The Together Press publishes books written through by members of The Together Group, a consulting practice focused on helping nonprofit and education groups maximize their missions. Through short, visual books full of real-life examples, we find quick solutions to life’s events and work’s challenges.